IREX Grants Manager in Amman, Jordan
Regional Assistance Program 2 (RAP2)
Communities & Governance
Program Manager, Regional Assistance Program
1 June 2018
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of $80 million and a staff of 400 professionals worldwide.
Summary of Program:
The Regional Assistance Program 2 (RAP2) is a flexible and time-sensitive mechanism to provide technical and financial support to organizations and individuals advancing political, economic and social reform across the Middle East and North Africa. Assistance includes subgrants, supported as necessary by tailored technical assistance and mentoring to each grantee using various organizational development and capacity building tools and approaches. RAP 2 will be implemented over a period of around one year out of Amman, Jordan with close coordination with IREX/DC and the donor.
Summary of Position:
The Grants Manager position is a part-time role providing subgrants management oversight of RAP 2 projects. The Grants Manager is responsible for all subgrants management, financial, and administrative tasks for RAP 2 subgrant projects. The Grants Manager is expected to be very familiar with US Government procurement and subgranting policies, and to mentor and assist the RAP 2 project subgrantees in the financial management of their subgrants.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Assure that RAP 2 subgrant projects meet all IREX and US Government requirements relative to funds accountability and operations;
- Provide capacity building to subgrantees on financial and grant management, procurement, financial documentation, and other related topics;
- Monitor RAP 2 subgrant project expenditures and budgets and provide required reporting;
- Prepare payment requests for all RAP 2 subgrant projects including advances and reimbursements;
- Ensure that all procurement conducted by subgrantees is done in compliance with U.S. government regulations;
- Coordinate with the IREX/Jordan Finance Manager, IREX/DC Finance, and home office project team as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years of increasingly responsible work as a financial manager or controller;
- Prior experience in financial management for international organizations or donors required;
- Experience providing financial management for USG programs strongly preferred;
- Experience training and/or working effectively with low-capacity finance staff strongly preferred;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact effectively with local partners and personnel associated with this program; and
- Fluency in Arabic and ability to communicate professionally in English required.
TO APPLY Please send cover letter and detailed CV firstname.lastname@example.org*. Please indicate in the subject field: “RAP 2 Grants Manager”. Deadline for applications is 25 May 2018.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE