Expedia Senior Content Strategist in Amman, Jordan
Do you dream of an ideal content system where the right content is delivered to the right customer at the right time, on the right device, in the right context? Then we want to talk to you.
At Expedia, the world's largest travel company, we want a Sr. Content Strategist who can deliver focused solutions rooted in the user experience principles of relevancy, simplicity, and delight.
As a Sr. Content Strategist you will be a key contributor in delivering smart, relevant and connected experiences within a focused but nimble UX team dedicated to crafting, effective, delightful and global product experiences that artfully unify customer needs with business goals. You will:
- Work collaboratively within an agile product design team made up of product managers, engineers, and fellow UXers to deliver outstanding product experiences through iterative releases
- Use content frameworks and standards for the creation, curating, publishing and governance of original, licensed, and user-generated content for a range of optimizations and new features of a product or business throughout the entire lifecycle
- Collaborate with UX product and project teams to craft self-improving and increasingly more relevant and personal customer experiences and systems
- Partner with UX leads, visual and interaction designers, information architects, researchers, and client-side engineers to optimize the content elements based on usability, intuitiveness, consistency, business metrics, and time to market
- Communicate use cases, states and detailed content specifications through both collaboration as well as physical deliverables such content matrices, copy style guides, and working within layout comps or lo-fi prototype
- Assure project content meets standards of quality, measured in terms of persuasion, consistency, delightfulness, and uniqueness
- Describe and present your methods, content explorations and tradeoff rationale along with a recommendation to peers, team partners, business partners and UX leadership
- Estimate work effort and help clarify deliverables
- Review other products and content design approaches to understand emerging standards and innovation
- Advocate for best content practices within the UX team and the larger Expedia product teams.
To be a successful Sr. Content Strategist, it is a given that you are gifted with words, able to craft, curate, edit and align information, but you should also be a systems-designer with a solid grounding in content organization as well as the art of persuasion and marketing. A real passion for experimentation and an ability to move quickly is also a plus. Ideally, we love someone with:
- Knowledge of mobile first and responsive content strategies
- Knowledge of the development and maintenance of both structured and unstructured content types
- Experience in writing, revising content, sourcing and aggregating content
- Concept skills and creative thinking with an eye for distinction
- A professional and personal portfolio of useful and delightful content solutions in highly dynamic environments
- Knowledge of Search Engine Marketing and Optimization strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (but of course)
While we recognize that there is not one path to becoming a great Sr. Content Strategist, we look for:
- More than 5 years of professional experience with content strategy
- Experience with the design lexicon and working in the design process
- Experience in localization workflow and the challenges of writing for a global audience.
- Experience developing content solutions for large enterprise web sites or applications, especially consumer-facing and transaction-focused interfaces
- Experience working within agile design and development teams
- Experience working with responsive Web design solutions
- Degree in a relevant field (English, Communications, Journalism, Computer Science)
- Posted 30+ Days Ago
- Full time