Abt Associates Technical Specialist 9 / SDI Officer - HSDA, Jordan in Jordan
The International Health Division is committed to the improvement of health and healthcare delivery around the world. Serving both the public and private sectors, our efforts include health policy research and evaluation, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. Our impact is felt in policies that ensure healthcare access for women, children, and individuals with special needs, in strengthening health infrastructures, and HIV/AIDS solutions.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified SDI Officer to support the HSDA project and the International Health Division in Jordan.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of all HSD activities to improve integrated reproductive, maternal, newborn and child health services including nutrition (RMNCH+).
- Assist MOH, RMS and NGO clinics and hospitals in the design, implementation and monitoring of integrated RMNCH+ services.
- Provide technical support including coaching, on-the job training, and training sessions.
- Track the progress of health facility teams and produce clear, timely data and reports in English.
- Daily travel outside of Amman is required.
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
- Clinical degree in medicine, nursing, midwifery, or pharmacy, master of public health, or equivalent experience with bachelor’s degree in a related field at least 5 years' experience supporting clinical RMNCH programs in Jordan.
- Specific capacity and experience in family planning and maternal, newborn and child health programs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written English and Arabic required.
- Direct experience in supporting USAID- or other donor-funded health programs preferred.
- (6+) years of experience and a master degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Abt Associates is committed to fostering a diverse, multicultural work environment where our employees respect one another and share a commitment to our firm's values, mission, and strategies. Abt Associates Inc. provides equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to age, race, color, sex, creed, citizenship status, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status, or veteran status.